The School of Biotechnology was established in 1991 at Devi Ahilya University, Indore with the financial assistance from the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi. Since 1991 to 1997 School was running its classes at the first floor of Vigyan Bhawan at Takshshila Campus of the University. In 1997 the School moved to its own Biotechnology Building in the same campus.
To promote excellence in teaching and research to answer some of the most challenging questions in biological systems to improve the well-being of humankind.
- To produce world class, knowledgeable professionals with excellent analytical mind, communication skills, team building spirit and ability to work in cross cultural environments.
- To develop research aptitude in young students to improve their ability to think logistically and solve the problems in every perspective of life.
- To inculcate professional ethics and social sensitivity among young students to serve the society.
Aims & Objectives:
- To generate skilled and intellectual human resource in Science and Technology and to develop a state of the art facilities to conduct experimentation meeting global standards.
- To provide specialized high quality education by integrating traditional and modern scientific techniques in teaching-learning process.
- To explore new frontiers and improve quality, talent and skills of students through practical trainings.
- We are working to collaborate with the industries ( such as Indore Biotech Pvt. Ltd.) so that Masters students carry out their research work at the adjunct of academia-industry.
- We are in the progress for students training at different departments of interest (Multi-disciplinary approach). We will promote inter-disciplinary research with Schools of Life Science, Pharmacy etc.
- We plan to organize regular Industry visits of M.Sc. students.